Members of The Inquiry put the progression of knowledge above all else, even the law in some cases.
To the general public, The Inquiry is a circle for those in the medical field to discuss their findings and get funding for future research projects. Research, once peer-reviewed, is published in journals or articles for anyone to see. Many of these journals cater to those of a surgical or laboratory testing field, in which things may be a little “messier.” The audience of these journals ranges from people who may need references for their apprenticeships, to those with Blood Fysa who need to re-familiarize themselves with the general anatomy of other species, and even to people with a general curiosity to how bodies may function differently between the species.
Behind the curtain, however, this circle allows those with a morbid sense of curiosity to receive funding for less-than-legal operations. Many of the Artifacts fabricated post Senescence have been created by those who were, at one point, a member of this circle. Financiers can provide general funding that is divided up across the board, or draw up contracts that can be struck with specific individuals. The legality, resources, and intensity demanded of these projects can be quite heavy, so word is not often spread about them. To prevent potential leaks, these projects are often assigned codes consisting of symbols, conlang, and have intense security measures. This is to protect both the identities of researchers and benefactors alike, as well as the contents of their research.
Individuals who willingly sign up for case studies, tests, and other research are well compensated, and once a rapport is built up, these individuals may be able to network through other professionals within the circle for more specialty or regular care, ranging from general practice to anything that the wide variety of practitioners specialize in.
- The Council (Founder)
- The creator(s) of this circle. They are in charge of any grand decisions and approve the rank changes of those beneath them.
- Benefactors (Leader | >100 Rep )
- The outside influencers that fund most of the circle's activities, legal or not. They are allowed to take on a more secretive role and can submit funding anonymously if they so choose.
- Practitioners (Veteran | >50 Rep )
- The more skilled doctors, scientists, and medical professionals. They can run their own projects and ask for funding from Benefactors and Council members.
- Orderlies (Member | 0 Rep )
- Newly joined members. They may be just as skilled as the Practitioners but they have yet to prove themselves. They typically work underneath another Practitioner until they're able to get funding for their first project. Once your skill is recognized by the Council you can request to be moved up a rank.
- Volunteers (Initiate | 0 Rep )
- Those who join to be a part of case studies, tests, and whatever else may be required of them. They are paid for their participation and discretion.
For security reasons, there is no publicly accessible list of members. Even Council Members are unlisted. Only the Council knows of all the circle members. Circle members are allowed to disclose their participation of their own free will but it is asked that you do not mention others by name unless they have agreed prior.
*Please contact me on discord (kamideviant#8784) to discuss your ranking in this circle! It is done based on the role you want your character to play. If you don’t specify which ranking you would like you will be set to Orderly via default.
|kamikins||CMP-084: Amalgamation (Amy)||Founder||65|
|Taka||MYO-315: Ilya "Leto"||Veteran||100|
|Fuffyfuffy45||MYO-341: Ocellus (Cece)||Member||30|