Members of Icarus' Eye dedicate their life to furthering and protecting the knowledge of Orrison.
Founded over three centuries ago when Arthur Quill established his Tower in Ichorrai. He decided to devote his life to rediscovering all the knowledge of Orrison as well as the safe study and containment of dangerous artifacts.
Icarus' Eye is a very selective guild and rarely allows members to join. Those who are allowed to join Icarus's Eye explore the vast and forgotten lands of Orrison to ascertain all the lost knowledge that they can. Their discoveries and research are recorded, stored, and protected. Copies of these written works are published and distributed to The Archivist and The Scholars Guild. The public has access to this information and can order copies of the books for a small fee.
The members in this guild are scholars that come from a wide variety of specializations. The guild encourages young folk or the less experienced to join as scribes and undergo apprenticeships with the hopes that one day they will become grand scholars like other senior members.
Until you finish your apprenticeship you are considered an initiate and your interaction with the more dangerous aspects of the guild is forbidden. Often, initiates are banned from going on more dangerous expeditions and are given easier tasks like copying texts and doing research around the tower. Once your mentor approves, you can join as an official member and these bans are lifted.
- Icarus (Founder)
- The creator and leader of this circle, Arthur Quill. He is in charge of the grand scheme of things. Due to his strange extended life span, no other leader has ever been appointed. Percival Quill picks up a lot of Arthur's slack and it's rumored that if Arthur ever passed, the Icarus role would be passed on to him.
- Senior Member (Leader | must be discussed )
- The highest-ranking members of Icarus' Eye and those that Arthur trusts the most. They have access to the Artifact Vault and can lead grand expeditions when needed. They also are allowed to work away from Lireah, setting up their own little hubs for members outside of Lireah to report to.
- Member (Veteran | >100 Rep)
- Those who have completed their apprenticeships and have been welcomed into the circle as full members. Their duties range from copying texts, to completing research projects, to even traveling the globe as part of expedition projects.
- Apprentice (Member | 50 Rep)
- Some may argue that the Apprentices of Icarus' Eye are the hardest working of them all. Apprentices handle the lesser sought after jobs like tending to moldy texts, cleaning the library and living areas and tending to the botanical gardens. All manual labor falls to these dedicated individuals. Most are young but apprentices can be any age. All that is required is a thirst for knowledge.
- Initiate ( Initiate | 0 Rep)
- Initiates are recently joined members who may not have found their spot in the circle yet or haven't been able to secure an apprenticeship. They offer help when they can and often work alongside apprentices.
This circle often employs members from the Mercenary’s Guild for assistance out in the field. These mercs are granted temporary membership in the form of badges.
The true purpose of Icarus' Eye is not only to record the events of the world but also to secure, contain and destroy artifacts. This mainly includes artifacts that have the potential to cause great harm to life on the planet but once they come across an artifact, no matter how harmless it may be, it never leaves their watchful gaze.
Only Senior Members have access to the vault where artifacts are kept and only they can interact and study them. Currently, there are only three senior members, the founder Arthur Quill himself, his ward Percival and Lohrian.
After the declaration of war on Ichorrai, Arthur fled his home of the past three centuries and ended up in the newly discovered Immitheus. Here, with the help of Percy and other members, they began to build a new central hub for the circle. They remained there for a month, working happily in their new abode before the shattering of the spire scattered the group to the wind. Arthur vanished. No one saw heads or tails of him for the entirety of the bizarre event. Once everyone reconvened as the miasma began to die down, Arthur reappeared and brought the grand news that he had found a new, and hopefully final, home for Icarus' Eye once and for all.
The ancient leyr had taken shelter from the miasma in the home of an old friend. He had spent his days safely floating above the miasma on the floating city of Lireah alongside The Archivist. They spoke and Arthur brought up the conundrum he was having about the location of the new home of Icarus' Eye. The Archivist invited him, and his circle, to move into the halls of Lireah. There they would have plenty of space and resources to continue providing Orrison with their good work.
[ DM me on Discord (kamideviant#8784) if you're interested in joining! If you join w/o speaking to me first your character will be promoted based upon their reputation. ]
|Taka||MYO-315: Ilya "Leto"||Veteran||100|
|Fuffyfuffy45||MYO-303: Virrimauth (Vi)||Initiate||0|