Terms of Service
the rules and terms of participating in the world of orrison
We reserve a right to update the terms of service in the future.
Participants (defined as those who own or plan to own characters or designs as part of the World of Orrison) agree to follow the Terms of Service by purchasing (or otherwise trading, creating, or accepting) a World of Orrison character design. Their right to the designs remain in tact as long as the ToS is followed. A breach in the ToS may be cause for blacklisting.
We will not revoke designs that have been paid for, however we as creators revoke the rights to use artwork and will remove a blacklisted individual's access to the species name and community. We can prevent our content and IP from being used by blacklisted individuals in personal or commercial works, and deny the allowance of future properties falling into blacklisted individual's ownership. Aside from this, designs will NOT be forcefully reclaimed for any reason except chargebacks or failed payment.
Due to content and the potential of monetary transactions, participants agree that they are 18 or older, or will provide proof or permission from their legal guardians.
In scenarios where you may get warnings, it will explicitly state that you get strikes. After a third strike (on the fourth strike), a person is blacklisted. Strikes for different offenses stack together (ex: if you got a strike for harassment, and a strike for plagiarism, that is two strikes total).
Illegal or harmful content (hate speech, nazism, pedophilia, racism, homophobia, transphobia, bestiality, and content supportive of sexual assault and slavery) is not condoned. If you associate yourself with this content or support this content, we reserve the right to deny service and we will not do business with users involved with this content in any capacity. We do not allow our designs or IP's to be used for said content. Users who are known to associate with this content will be blacklisted, and while they still own the designs they purchased, they may not use our IP (species) and lose the rights to using the artwork in any commercial or private manner. Blacklisted users will also be denied access to the community and our services.
Artists are allowed to set their own ToS that overrides this section. Please check the deviation description of sales just in case, but these guidelines give a good idea of most sale rules.
- No refunds on sales unless agreed upon by the artist/seller.
- We may request that buyers have an online presence (dA, toyhouse, discord, twitter, etc) older than 3 months, or have an old account to show the seller. This is to prevent scams and fake accounts.
- Buyers must pay within 24 hours of an invoice being sent, unless a different deadline is agreed upon by the artist/seller.
- You may edit comments, but please refrain from doing so if someone's already bid against you.
- Please do not hide comments that are bids. Contact the seller to get them to hide a comment for you.
- Charge backs are an instant blacklist and ban. All your designs will be repossessed.
- Designs are for personal use, and commercial use rights are dependent on the individual designer/artist's rules.
Content displayed on this site may include:
- Fantasy violence
- Mild Blood
- Mild Suggestive Themes
- Simulated gambling with virtual currency (cannot be purchased with real money)
- Strong language
By creating an account and accessing the services on this site, you agree that you are legal age to view the content listed. If you are under the age of 16 you must have consent from your parent or legal guardian to access this website. It is the responbiility of a parent or legal guardian to monitor their child's use of World of Orrison. Any adult content will be flagged ahead of time and by viewing such content you agree that you are 18 years of age or older.
- To follow all set group rules, moderator decisions, and Terms of Service for World of Orrison.
- Not to harass fellow members. Issues should be addressed privately, not publicly, or brought up with the moderators through group notes. Offenders will get a strike.
- Not to claim the species as their own, nor to steal or copy the species' unique combination of physiology and lore. Anyone who creates ripoffs or wrongly pretends to be a creator/designer will be blacklisted.
- Not to plagiarize or steal intellectual property from fellow members (including both art and design). We can understand being inspired, but strongly discourage blatant copying and will enforce bans if needed. Offenders will get a strike.
- To get permission to use other people's art (especially in reference sheets) and CLEARLY STATE when another person's art is being used. There is some leeway with character hub sites like toyhou.se, but you are still required to credit the artist. Offenders will get a strike.
- To be appropriate. We do not ban 18+ and NSFW content in your own spaces, but PLEASE do not upload 18+ artwork to the site, and censor all sensitive material. Use toyhouse/deviantArt/discord's mature content filters, and give proper warning. Offenders will get a strike.
- To be fair, be courteous, and be respectful. Do not encourage drama. Offenders will get a strike.
- All submissions to the group will be related to the group. Offenders will get a warning, repeat offenders will get a strike.
- Refunds are not accepted unless agreed upon by BOTH buyer and seller.
- May make updates to a design following the rules.
- May Trade, Gift, or Resell (for resale value determined by the masterlist) the design following the rules
- Are allowed to make derivatives of existing designs when creating relatives (parents, children, etc) or alternate universe versions of their characters. All derivatives (including human au's, animal au's) are soul-bound to the original design and follow the ToS of the original seller.
- May NOT use designs commercially without the designer's permission (as well as Juni/Cory's permission if it is a closed species).
- May NOT repost art to content sharing sites without the creator's permission (including as reference sheets) and without crediting the original artist. You are free to archive works in character hubs such as toyhou.se while still crediting artists/designers.
- Are allowed to use designs in non-commercial AU's and other headworlds, as long as credit for species is still given.
- May keep rights over their artwork, and are able to use it for promotional and commercial purposes (commission examples, portfolio work, etc).
- May set their own terms of payment or terms of service.
- May reclaim the rights to their artwork if the ToS is breached.
Privatization (also known as voiding) here refers to the change of a design into something like a "one off" design. Transformation here refers to changing a design's species. To privatize a design, please DM @orrison with the title of "Privatization" and include a link to the masterlist entry. The entry will be archived. To transform a design from one species to another, please note the group with the title of "Transformation" with a link to the masterlist entry as well as proof of permission (aka an MYO slot for closed species).
- Transforming World of Orrison designs into one offs requires that the design no longer resembles the species.
- One can change the design into a human
- One can edit the physiology of the creature to be more unique
- If they hold no resemblance to the closed species of World of Orrison, they are no longer bound by World of Orrison's ToS
- They may remain bound by the original creator's ToS however
- Privatized designs cannot be 'imported' back into the group freely
- An MYO slot may be purchased to "regain" closed species status
- Owners of privatized designs should not advertise them as being a World of Orrison adopt for trade value/closed species value.
- Owners of privatized designs have the use rights determined by their original creator's ToS. For Juni and Cory, they may use their designs in personal, non-commercial works and some commercial independent works (ex. webcomics, small games, stories) with permission from Juni and Cory, but may not claim the species as their own OR sell Orrison species of their own.
- Privatized designs may be edited freely and without seeking permission or updating the masterlist
- Privatized designs lose all transfer rights as a closed species. You can gift/trade/sell them to others as the creator's ToS (not Orrison's ToS) permits, but they will not be tracked by the masterlist and are considered "non-canon" to Orrison's world.
- Transforming a design to another species requires proof of permission (normally just an MYO slot) from the new species' creator.
- Transformed designs cannot be 'imported' back into the group freely
- An MYO slot may be purchased to "regain" closed species status
- Transformed designs follow the following ToS
- the original creator's ToS
- the new species' owner's ToS
- A design of one Orrison species can be 'transformed' to another (ex: Leyr to Luto) by purchasing an Old Mask in the Esse Shop.
- To create an account you must provide a unique username, email address, and link a valid Deviantart account. The chosen username for your World of Orrison account cannot be anything vulgar, offensive, hateful, obscene, defamatory, or unlawful at the discretion of the World of Orrison Staff. Usernames that contain such language may be modified or have the account associated with them banned.
- Upon registration, all information provided must be accurate and up to date and must be kept up to date in the event of a change in information. You may not impersonate or imply that you are another person or a staff member, accounts that are found to be doing so may be terminated.
- It is the user's responsibility to create a secure password and to keep it a secret from others.
- A single member cannot create more than one account. In the event of a ban, the banned user cannot create or use another account.
- You are the sole party liable for all activity conducted using your account.
- If you at any point suspect there has been a security breach you must contact staff.
- World of Orrison staff reserves the right to terminate, ban, or suspend any user, for any reason, without notice.
- All items, virtual currency, companions, and rewards are considered a limited license for you to use while your account is open. Due to the limitations of this license in the event that your account is terminated or banned the entire inventory and virtual currency bank associated with your account is considered forfeit and you are not liable to receive compensation for any losses.
- This website and its services may not be used for any unlawful purposes. The posting, sharing, distribution, or promotion of any illegal content is forbidden.
- Distributing, promoting, uploading, submitting, or posting any content that may be disruptive or cause harm to services is not permitted.
- Sensitive or private information regarding yourself or other individuals should not be posted.
- Harassment of other users is prohibited. Abusive, offensive, or threatening language towards individuals or groups, spamming, or directing others to do so is not permitted.
- Heavy gore, pornography, highly suggestive, fetish, and otherwise explicit ("NSFW") content at the discretion of staff may be removed or declined. This includes both written and visual works.
- All transactions, trades, and transfers conducted between are done at the user's own risk. Staff is not obligated to reimburse or compensate you in the event that another user does not provide an agreed upon payment or exchange. Any transaction organized between users is the sole responsibility of the users
- All guidelines stated in the Species TOS must be followed in regards to the trade, use, transfer, and purchase of characters while using this service and otherwise.
- When conducting a sale of a character design for real life currency, that character must be eligible for sale and the sale price cannot exceed the currently listed sale price. These sales themself are not conducted on this service and are not available for, and should not be offered to any users under the age of 18.
- World of Orrison is not responsible for any user voluntarily providing their personal information to other users. We cannot control or accept responsibility for the way other users may use or manage that data. It is the user's responsibility to be mindful when making any personal information available to another user or to the public through the use of our services.
- The exploitation or of any glitches, loopholes, or bugs is not permitted. If a glitch, loophole, or bug is discovered it should not be disclosed to other users and must be reported to staff. Abusing exploits to benefit the player(s) can result in an immediate and indefinite ban.
- The use of any scripts, bots, auto-refreshers, or third party software that is designed to, or used with, the intent to exploit the services or play the game for you is not permitted.
- The use of any third party software or services that generate excessive amounts of connections or have the possibility of damaging the site, damaging site stability, or preventing the use, function, or access of services is not permitted.
- Any account that is found to be submitting or linking to websites displaying or providing harmful or unlawful content will be terminated.
- You must not sell or lend the services or allow a third party to use or access this website or its services without the written consent of World of Orrison.
We reserve the right to discontinue any services on this website or close the website at any time, for any reason, without prior notice. If services are discontinued or the website is closed down permanently or temporarily, you agree to not hold us responsible or liable for any losses or damages that result from the closure. In the event of website closure or removal, you are still bound by these terms.
You agree to indemnify, save, and hold harmless World of Orrison and its staff from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, attorneys' fees and legal expenses, arising out of your use or misuse of World of Orrison, any content you post or submit, violation of these Terms, violation of the rights of another third party or entity, or any breach of the representations, warranties, and covenants made by you herein. World of Orrison reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify World of Orrison and you agree to cooperate with World of Orrison' defense of these claims.
You acknowledge that World of Orrison has no control over, does not endorse, and has no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to World of Orrison or its services, what materials you access via World of Orrison, what effects such materials may have on you, how you interpret or use such materials, or what actions you take as a result of having been exposed to such materials. World of Orrison may contain links to websites containing content that some people may find inappropriate, harmful, or offensive. You release World of Orrison from all liability for you having acquired or accessed such materials through this website.
To the fullest extent by applicable law: World of Orrison and services provided through World of Orrison are provided “as-is'' and “as available” without warranties of any kind either implied or expressed. World of Orrison does not represent or warrant that all content or material on World of Orrison are complete, error-free, reliable, accurate, or current . You understand and agree that you obtain, view, access, or download any material or data through the use of World of Orrison at your own risk and that you will be solely responsible for any loss or damages that results from the download of such material or data. You assume the entire cost of any necessary servicing, repair, or correction.